5.8 Is Out!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  drgary July 21, 2016.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Version 5.8 is out for download.  Lots of cool new stuff in this version.  Some highlights:

•     
    • Re-organized the materials selection, the new material (Vita and GC) are now in the list
    •     
    • You now select a material translucency at setup
    •     
    • Buccal bite has been revamped, includes a heat map indicator of the bite
    •     
    • There is a new full arch mode, bilateral buccal bite, has really improved the alignment of full arches.
    •     
    • Models have been sharpened
    •     
    • Improved color
    •     
    • Big addition is a “plan” tab where you can resize, move and rotate the proposal to help autogensis give you a better design

I’ve been testing this for a month or so now, very nice update, would definitely suggest downloading!

Here’s a link to the intro video:

https://youtu.be/EWFQjdZIQxw?list=PLbxDH5K7Meu_mt7vO7ZyhEOhKtvxF1pkt

And here’s a link to the update page:

http://planmecacadcam.com/update/

Michael Martin
    Michael Martin
    Participant

Super excited, we get it tomorrow!

chrisbutler
    Participant

Is the full arch mode in anticipation of Invisalign support? Soon I hope 🙂

Wally Renne
    Wally Renne
    Keymaster

I think they are working hard on this, but why not use clear correct? 

chrisbutler
    Participant

I think they are working hard on this, but why not use clear correct? 

Patients in my area tend to ask for Invisalign by name. There was CE on it in my area recently, so that, coupled with the fact that PlanScan has been rumored to be in the works to support it, made it seem like a no-brainer. I’m not too familiar with clear correct – similar to Invisalign I’m assuming? Is it already supported by PlanScan? I will eventually also take CE for PowerProx as an alternative… one thing at a time 🙂

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Yes this is in the works.  I can tell you that with the new alignment and the scan pattern they have worked out with 5.8 they are getting very accurate full arch models, so should just be a matter of time before we see the invisalign certification.

Wally Renne
    Wally Renne
    Keymaster

Patients in my area tend to ask for Invisalign by name. There was CE on it in my area recently, so that, coupled with the fact that PlanScan has been rumored to be in the works to support it, made it seem like a no-brainer. I’m not too familiar with clear correct – similar to Invisalign I’m assuming? Is it already supported by PlanScan? I will eventually also take CE for PowerProx as an alternative… one thing at a time 🙂

Yea clear correct is supported now. I think it is great. My patients don’t seem to care it s clear correct vs Invisalign. Customer support is amazing, and the process is easy.  

Toothjumper
    Participant

WTF Guys!!!

I just got back from vacation and went to schedule my update.  The first appt was 8/24!!!

The lady I spoke to informed my that they only had one technician doing all the updates.   This does not seem like a sound strategy from a good company?  How many of you think it’s a good idea for your business to put off things for your patients for over 4 weeks???

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jed

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Not sure how many techs are doing the updates but they can only do so many per day.  They have to come into both the laptop and the mill as there are new materials in 5.8. 

chrisbutler
    Participant

WTF Guys!!!

I just got back from vacation and went to schedule my update.  The first appt was 8/24!!!

The lady I spoke to informed my that they only had one technician doing all the updates.   This does not seem like a sound strategy from a good company?  How many of you think it’s a good idea for your business to put off things for your patients for over 4 weeks???

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jed

Ya, it’d be nice to have it a little earlier, but not having it isn’t going to affect whether or not I use the machine. It’s just as usable to me as it was yesterday! In the long run, a month is a pretty short wait… it’s not like it’s the cure for cancer or something… just a software update 😉

drgary
    Keymaster

Hey All, this is Gary with E4D and yes I certainly understand the frustration when something new is announced and then you can’t get it for a while.  This is a pretty significant upgrade – not only in some of the features, but also the materials selection.  This requires some personal effort on the part of SOS to log-in and move and update files on not only the laptop, but job server (to the mill).  Unfortunately – it’s not a do-it-yourself.  Also the tech needs to assure you have the right drivers and Windows 10 has provided some new updates that we need to insure are updated and in the right place.  The appointment process allows us to better serve the customer to assure that each one gets the attention they need and the support they’ve come to expect from E4D.  We are looking at ways to accelerate this process – all while not compromising our call times.  While it does have some improved features and utilization, your current software (5.7) can be used to send full arch scans to ClearCorrect and SureSmile for aligners – they’re open files.  Watching the videos on the download site will give you the optimized pattern (5.8 will give you the bilateral bite).  Feedback has been great especially for the Plan tab helping autogenesis for multiple units.  While I hate to say it – I think it is worth the wait and again we are trying to find a more streamlined process while still give you the best support.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Don't have an account? Registration is free and only takes a minute.

Register