cerasmart milling

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mike Kelliher Mike Kelliher November 8, 2018.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Richard Young
    Participant

I have just got in my first quantity of GC Cerasmart to try. I still have the cart system which my understanding has no more software

updates available. Am I able to mill the ceramart on the same settings as the lava ultimate? I assume that I will still need to use the defoamer solution as well.

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Should work fine.  Be careful with these resin based materials though, partial coverage only is what I’d suggest.  No full crowns.

Yen Lu
    Yen Lu
    Participant

Let us know your thoughts on cerasmart.

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

I’m not super impressed with any of the polymer materials.  I’ve done some onlays with them, compared to emax they look like crap.  Nice to not have to fire them, but I’m thinking worth the extra time to fire the emax.  We know it bonds well and holds up.

ericdnt
    Participant

I Agree Mr. Mike

puritydental
    Participant

Reviving the post. How has Cerasmart been for people?

I only use it for onlays/inlays and bond with GC Premio Bond/Universal Flo composite. The margin finish is blended nicely with this technique.

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

The few I’ve done are holding up, but don’t look as nice as emax.  Not something I’m currently using.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Don't have an account? Registration is free and only takes a minute.

Register