Import And Export Options With Romexis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Amuri Amuri July 12, 2015.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alex Touchstone
    Alex Touchstone
    Keymaster

Here’s a video on how to import and export your scanning files with Romexis:

Amuri
    Amuri
    Participant

I’m having issues when trying to export my scans. When I click export model I choose the destination folder and no .stl files whatsoever appear in the folder.

When I open the patient file and the model it will show me this first before opening, two or three times it will appear for a few patients…

Finally I get to the patient I where I wanna see my data and it gives me this

Now if I click ‘yes’ Romexis freezes on the ‘saving CAD/CAM content’ box.

If I click ‘no’ it will open the case and I can design etc., however when I go back the patient selection screen, I get the freeze again, however here after awhile I get this error.

I usually have to restart the PC and open Romexis again in order to go back into the case.

I should stack up some more RAM chips or what the heck is going on, I can’t save my files apparently even though for some reason my designs are stored when I reopen them, it’s frustrating, anybody else had this problem? This is the actual PC they provided me with.

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

For something like this I’d get on the phone with SOS.  You’re like 7 hours ahead I think so timing could be tricky, but they’d be the best ones to remote into your laptop and help fix this.  

Amuri
    Amuri
    Participant

I don’t know anyone on SOS, I tried to call my supplier but they didn’t know anything on how to handle this problem. Would anyone be willing to download my folder and export the .stl from the scan and send it back to me?

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

SOS is the E4D phone support.  You can call them at 1-800-537-6070, 7am to 6pm CST and they’ll remote into you’re laptop and help figure this out with you.  Probably the best way on something like this.  Only issue is the time zone one for you.

Amuri
    Amuri
    Participant

Thanks I called them, they fix’d it, the problem was a memory allocation issue, he tried for like 20min and couldn’t figure out then a technician came and logged into admin mode, with sysadmin login, and changed the memory number within romexis to 5000. After that it was possible to save the files, and consequently to export them, it was just a memory issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Don't have an account? Registration is free and only takes a minute.

Register