New PlanmecaFit Miller here! Some advice

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mike Kelliher Mike Kelliher March 29, 2017.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

puritydental
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m from down under, Australia, and bought a demo PlanmecaFit from Henry Schein Halas – it was a brand new system delivered in 2016. Signed the contract just before Christmas in December last year, but took delivery in January. It’s been a nightmare with the delivery. The original miller unit was arrived from interstate damage, functional but chassis bent etc, so HSH sent another one from Sydney. This one has 15 hours milling, it’s been serviced, configured and runs well now.

The scanner was damaged as well, so they gave me the rep’s unit instead – but now that’s got cracks and the green scanning tip button is cracked -apparently this will be fixed under warranty.

Laptop came in damaged, won’t boot up. So they tried to give me another laptop – which was built 2012-09, running Romexis 4.4.0. F*#k joke!!! Rep said he will get me a new laptop – we’ll see. Does anyone know what the laptop supplied for 2016 and the version of Romexis ?

As you can see, I haven’t had the smoothest of starts to CADCAM. Nevertheless, I’ve done about 10 units. Fits are good, but design etc is pretty average.

I’ve been doing as much youtube/videos as I can, but now I think I need to do a hands-on course. Any recommendations?

Cheers for reading,

Paul

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Wow, sounds like you’ve had every bit of bad luck you can getting started!  For sure it will get easier from here.  Take a look through the videos we have, in fact I did one recently that you may find helpful on basic design.  Hopefully Alex will have that up soon.  Basically the idea is to do as little to the library tooth as you can.  So get things lined up well in the plan tab, let the library anatomy do the work.  All starts with the prep, especially clearance.  If you want to post some screen shots of your design and preps might be able to make some more specific suggestions.

Not sure what kind of courses they have where you are, good courses here if you’d like to make a trip to New Orleans!! (-:

puritydental
    Participant

Thanks Mike,

No courses in Australia/NZ that I’m aware of. I think the closest one is in Singapore.

I’m stuck with the 4.4.0 software at the moment on the loaner laptop. When I’m designing the tooth, I can’t zoom the aqua blue tooth proposal larger/smaller to fit around the margins. Is there a way to do this as with the later software?

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Give SOS a call, they should be able to help you get the CAD part of the software up to the latest version.  So I gather you don’t have a tab that’s labeled plan between the margin and design tabs up to of the software?  If that’s the case yes you’re at least 2 versions out of date and there is absolutely a way to adjust that proposal in the green stage that will help design go way smoother.

Here’s a video on 5.8 that has the plan tab:

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Here’s the one I did using 5.85, also a bit of a rundown on the current batch of materials.

https://learndigitaldentistry.com/video/2017-design-tips-update/

puritydental
    Participant

Thanks Mike,

Got the CAD part version 5.85. Romexis 4.5. Watching your video right now.

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Perfect, You’re all up to date (actually I think I may still be on Romexis 4.4).  Hopefully the video is helpful.  Any questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.