Occlusal CAD/CAM veneers

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by KirK KirK May 5, 2017.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KirK
    KirK
    Participant

Digital occlusal veneers for the patient with braces. I would buy IOS just for this kind of cases exclusevly. If you tried to take PVS impression from ortho patient once, you’ll understand what I’m talking about)
    PlanmecaFIT + e.max HT A2, staining technique.

Alex Touchstone
    Alex Touchstone
    Keymaster

Fantastic as always!  Thanks for posting!

Founder and Mentor
    LearnDigitalDentistry.com
    alex@learndigitaldentistry.com

Wally Renne
    Wally Renne
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting. Amazing job. This type of prep is why bonded emax with  digital is more conservative than cemented zirconium.

Matthew Laski
    Matthew Laski
    Participant

Beautiful case!!  Are you able to post a photo of the preps either from the Buccal or from the design tab in Romexis?  I am new to the system (2 months) and am trying to improve my conservative preps.  Thanks in advance

KirK
    KirK
    Participant

Hi Matthew,

I’m glad this post is useful for you. Welcome aboard!)

Hi Kirk.

I’m back again, I was not able to lock into this forum for almost a year.

I’m amazed as all the others of what you are doing and have just 1 thing I’m concerned about and that is if there is enough strengt in the final restauration. In the occlusal area I’m going fora thickness that is blue with maybe just a little green.

What do think about that Wally?

All the best

Peter

KirK
    KirK
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Nice to hear from you! Welcome back) Speaking of the thickness we need to know some details. Ivoclar has recently claimed that we are able to make posterior restorations with 1 mm of thicknes going on adhesively and 1.5 mm using conventional protocol.  It is officially.

But if we take a closer look on some studies (mostly made by Pascal Magne) then we realise that we could leave even less then 1 mm, but you need to stay in enamel. It is what originally was called “occlusal veneers”. I’ve made a lot of OV but mostly pressed. I had no any complications. Just stay in enamel and make your bonding properly and carefully with 4th gen adhesive system. And sleep soundly)

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

So you’re milling these as veneers then?  Software will let you mill pretty thin if you set the restoration type as a veneer, but if you tell it it’s an onlay or crown the software will try to save you from thin areas and patch them in.  I’ve seen this with some restorations as I’m letting the yellow go in the grooves but seeing some loss of anatomy that I have to add back in post mill.  With the new recommendations from Ivoclar maybe they need to set the parameters different or allow us to remove the safety feature.  Only issue with calling everything a veneer is that it will mill in detail which takes a fair bit longer.

Beautiful case BTW, and your isolation for the inserts is fantastic!

KirK
    KirK
    Participant

Exactly Mike! Always have to use a veneer mode in such a cases. I told R&D guys that they could let us make a final decision. It could be just a warning message that we’re out of recommended thickness. But the software just ruines your anatomy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.