Planmill 40s

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Edelson August 6, 2017.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

David Edelson
    Participant

Anybody have any experience with the new 40s mill? Benefits vs. previous model? Rumored to mill pucks?

Dave Edelson

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

I’ve had one in as part of validation.  It’s pretty nice.  Faster motors so mill times have dropped about 25% but the bigger speed boost is that the tool path calculates much faster so no wait (or very short) for things to start.  So I’m probably saving about 5 minutes per case.  The GUI is much nicer as well, really walks you through the steps for maintenance.  Also you can’t fake it out, you actually do need to do the service!  For example when it needs the tank serviced/water changed you need to pour the water through the chamber rather than just refill the tank so no just pretending to do the service!  Have not seen any pucks for the 40s but the way the spindles move it’s pretty clear that the mill is designed to handle things much larger than single blocks.

David Edelson
    Participant

Thanks Mike. Looking forward to transitioning from Cerec to e4d and the new mill and scanner.

Dave Edelson

David Edelson
    Participant

Quick question? Was milling a three unit Telio provisional this morning for an immediate extraction case fractured tooth #3. Bur snapped and distal abutment #2 did not completely mill. Worked out as I just hollowed out both abutments, #4 was fine though, and relined it with Luxatemp. My understanding and correct me if I’m wrong is if a bur snaps during milling does it not in fact get replaced and milling continue where it left off? If not is in the works? 40s milling unit.

Dave Edelson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.