Romexis For Cbct Interpretation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Shane Blake October 21, 2015.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alex Touchstone
    Alex Touchstone
    Keymaster

A patient was seen over a period of the last three years at another dentist.  She complained repeatedly of pain associated with her “upper front tooth”.  No solution was offered.  She presented to my office for a second opinion.  It did not take a CBCT to diagnose the large apical abscess seen above (the draining fistula was enough).  However, the planning for a membrane / graft / implant is much more predictable.  The patient seemed to appreciate being able to see and understand at a higher level.  

I appreciate having one software (Romexis) to manage the case from the planning stages to final prosthesis.  BTW, if you do not yet have a CBCT, refer out for the scan and import into your Romexis (provided you have the 3D module installed)  It’s a great time to be a dentist!

How do you use Romexis / CBCT in your office?

Alex

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Cool case Alex.  Lots of good courses on this topic at the PODD conference.  I hadn’t appreciated how many things (like this example) cone beam is helpful with.  So I will be upgrading my promax to take advantage of this technology.

Shane Blake
    Participant

Most of the courses I took at the PODD conference were related to Romexis integration and CBCT.  It certainly opened my eyes to what traditional 2D radiography is missing. It moved me enough that I spent the morning talking to the Planmeca rep so I can get some quotes on a couple of the different Promax units.   I would love to see some more of what those using this technology have been doing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Don't have an account? Registration is free and only takes a minute.

Register