Version 5.6 Has Been Released!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Wally Renne Wally Renne August 12, 2015.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Nice update being released today, focused on scanning improvements.  I’ve had the beta for a bit now, really like the changes.

The highlights:

• No more risk of overscanning, essentially the scan lock feature has been built in, software will only add to areas with low data so you can hover over areas like contacts without worry.
    • Scan speed selector.  Nice again for tougher to scan areas like metals or contacts
    • Ability to see missing data as holes in the model prior to rendering the model
    • Models are much sharper looking, easier to see margins.
    • File sizes are significantly smaller makes it quicker to export to the lab through DDX

Here’s a video on the update and a link to the page where you can download the update:

https://e4d.com/update/

One thing to be careful of, once you update the software you won’t be able to get into the scan tab on od cases, so be sure to finish any exisiting cases before you update. You will still be able to get into the margin, design and mill tabs though.

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

Here are a couple of screen shots of cases I did last week with 5.6.  You can really see how much sharper the models are, and ICE looks fantastic.  Also if you change the brightness/contrast in the scan screen for ICE it actually stays the way you set it for the margin tab!!

Michael Flores
    Michael Flores
    Participant

We just downloaded it this morning. Was able to install very easily too, even with our setup being server based. Didn’t know the trick about the changing the contrast…we were all just so impressed with the HD models!

bradblair
    bradblair
    Participant

I didn’t know that trick either. Several times I have asked to have the adjustments available on the margin screen….and now I guess it is!

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

We used to have them in the margin tab, but when they re-did the scanning with the Planscan (Nevo) release it went away.  Thankfully back now!!

Michael Flores
    Michael Flores
    Participant

Anyone else experience differences in the way their mills cut crowns? I did the update and we had everything dialed in prior to..meaning we knew what colors to keep occlusal and interproximal contacts, so we could drop our restorations in. update completed, and now we are having to adjust quite a bit. and in romexis we are designing everything the same from our end. any ideas?

Mike Kelliher
    Mike Kelliher
    Keymaster

I haven’t noticed that Mike, using the same colors for my contacts and occlusion and seems the same.  Must be a user thing 🙂

I guess it’s possible with the models being rendered different.

What colors were you using for contacts and occlusion?

Michael Flores
    Michael Flores
    Participant

Glad i’m not the one using it. LOL! We are using the standard brown for the occlusal, and blue with a hint of aqua…the ones that were originally recommended. 

I haven’t noticed that Mike, using the same colors for my contacts and occlusion and seems the same.  Must be a user thing 🙂

I guess it’s possible with the models being rendered different.

What colors were you using for contacts and occlusion?

Michael Flores
    Michael Flores
    Participant

SOS was contacted, they looked at the software, and are now sending out a tech to re-cal the machine. 

Wally Renne
    Wally Renne
    Keymaster

full arch scanning is faster!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Don't have an account? Registration is free and only takes a minute.

Register